Saturday 22 February 2014

The Hummingbird Cookbook | Doughy Cookies


Today I wanted to talk to you guys about The Hummingbird Bakery and its cookbook. Today I decided I wanted to make some cookies and that they should be chewy and doughy. I followed the chocolate chip cookies recipe from the cookbook and apart from not having many chocolate chips (there are about 3 in each cookie!) they turned out pretty good and I regret to tell you I have eaten 3 this morning already!


The texture of them was really nice and soft and I would love to try the ones across the page 'double chocolate chip cookies' (mmm) I have been enjoying mine with a nice big cup of Twinings chai tea (double mmm)


The book has lots of different sections and we have already tried out the chocolate cupcakes, the coconut cupcakes, the marshmallow cupcakes AND the hazelnut cupcakes! There are also other puddings, larger cakes and cookies, which they all make in their café in Soho. I have to say I have only been once but they are honestly the best cupcakes I have ever tried, the best thing being they're really light and fluffy (there also expensive, so you can't buy too many!)


I would love to go back to the actual café in Soho again and try out other flavours, and also to compare them to the ones I'm making at home! My favourites are the chocolate cupcakes and the red velvet (I actually don't know what these are supposed to taste of, but they are delicious!)

- Anna
XO

(I used artificial lighting in this posts photos)



Today we made another batch with Lindt milk chocolate chunks in them, I have to say an improvement from before! Again I regret to say I've eaten 2 and a half this morning already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment